- Your left lung has 2 lobes. Your right lung has 3 lobes. Left lungs are slightly smaller to allow room for the heart!
- There are 7 main chakras in your body – Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye, Crown.
- Your digestive tract is approximately 30 foot long!
- The human body contains approximately 640 muscles and 206 bones.
- Blood makes up about one-twelfth of your body weight. Approximately 5 litres/11 pints.
SPEND FOR A CHANCE TO WIN UP TO £1000 WITH VISA
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HIGH STREET
Visa Spend and Win competition
Full terms and conditions
To further support all independent stores across the UK, Visa has launched a Spend & Win Competition which rewards both customers and businesses. From April 2nd until May 28th 2019, every purchase with Visa gives customers and independent businesses the chance to win up to £1000!
Customers spend in your local stores for a chance to win up to £1000 with Visa and support your high street. There will be more than 250 winning opportunities with prize values of £100, £250 and £1000 for both customers and independent businesses to win.
HOW SPEND & WIN WORKS
1. Shop in your local stores
2. Spend any amount on your Visa card
3. Text VISA and the unique authorisation code on your receipt to 60002 (e.g. VISA 081245)
4. Receive an instant text back to find out if you’ve won!
As part of the aftercare advice I give to my clients I usually advise to stay well hydrated and drink plenty!
There are so many articles on the internet telling you the benefits of staying hydrated I’m sure you don’t need another one.
But how about what happens when you don’t stay hydrated?
Recently I had a couple of days where I just forgot to drink, which is very unlike me!
I found myself feeling tired and lethargic, slightly confused and forgetful, my head was pounding the next morning. My skin felt dry and I looked tired, I felt achy and stiff and my mouth and throat were dry. My vision was a little blurry. I couldn’t stop yawning. I felt very congested and blocked, almost like I had a build up of dead energy and waste inside my body.
All of this was very easily remedied with a couple of pints of clear refreshing tap water. I felt rejuvenated, flushed through, cleansed and my mental clarity returned.
We are so lucky to have access to this rejuvenating source of energy, just at the turn of a tap. It’s so easy to get a hold of it that sometimes I take it for granted, or even forget it’s there.
So I thought I would write this little post as a reminder to myself that every time I tell a client to drink plenty and stay well hydrated I shall take a long swig of that clear stuff as well.
I’m pleased to let you know that my card machine arrived this morning. This means that I am now able to accept card payments!
Did you know that your mental well-being/stress levels can have a physical effect on your body?
We all have a physical-mental connection even if we don’t know it or recognise it.
The physiological responses to stress (“fight and flight”) can include:
- Your muscles tense up ready for action
- Your breathing and heart rate quicken to pump blood and oxygen around your body quicker
- Your digestive system will slow down; digestion isn’t a top priority for your body if you need to run away from danger
- Your pupils dilate
- Sweat glands activate
- Blood is redirected away from your skin so you may look pale
- You may get a dry mouth – again digestion isn’t a priority when you are stressed
- Your immune system is supressed
Massage can have a de-stressing effect and reverse these actions. It can offer relief to people who are in physical pain or who have emotional stress and tension in their lives and bodies.
It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday 11th March 2018.
If you would like to give your lovely Mum a gift voucher for a massage then please follow this secure link…
Check your footprints in the snow!
If your prints are particularly turned out (i.e. you walk like a duck!) it could indicate that you have a tight piriformis muscle.
Tightness in the piriformis muscle can put pressure on the sciatic nerve, which can cause back, buttock and leg pain. But, not to worry! A massage and a few stretches should help to remedy that!
Valentines Day is on its way!
If you would like to treat your partner to the gift of relaxation, pain relief and stress relief then I’d highly recommend a gift voucher.
Please follow this link to buy online https://dashboard.giftupapp.com/place-order/31f0f4d2-847f-42c6-a8cf-6fab0385cbfd
You can now purchase vouchers for massage online!
Please follow this link to the secure checkout: Gift Up!
Vouchers are available in half hour or one hour increments, or you can purchase an Indian Head Massage voucher!
If you would prefer a physical gift voucher then please contact me to arrange.
I am now working full time at:
Room 2, The Old Police Station
Market Hall Street
Please contact me to book an appointment.